Sesame seeds have been around since forever, its dusted in salads, soups, bread and much more. Why though? Ayurvedic practices swear by these little seeds, to be able to generate prodigious benefits to mind, body and soul! This is an excellent source of ‘goodness’ that can mostly be added during the winter months. This is a prized possession of Ayurvedic remedies, as it stimulates heat and energy in the body, and simultaneously works wonders for beauty, hair, and nutrients for the body.
Let’s dive into the tremendous benefits of sesame seeds:
- Boosts hair growth – have you been suffering from hair loss issues? There are rich omega fatty acids present in these seeds that heightens the hair growth process whilst also repairing the damaged hair. Additionally, it moisturises the scalp and invigorates hair follicles.
- The youth booster – the power-packed antioxidants reverse signs of ageing, and allows you to flaunt gorgeous youthful skin!
- Skin enhancement – the sesame seeds allow the skin to remain soft and supple due to its high nutrients. It contains anti-inflammatory properties that soothe redness, sores and other facial issues. The beauty is that sesame seeds can be consumed internally are apt for external use through face packs as well.
- Promotes dental health – helps to eliminate dental plaque and enhances your oral health.
- Stabilises blood pressure – the magnesium present in sesame seeds helps in demolishing hypertension. Also, the polyunsaturated fats and the ‘sesamin’ in the sesame keep your blood pressure at ‘bay’.
- Combats stress and depression – the amino acid, also known as ‘tyrosine’ is directly connected to the neurotransmitter, which has a significant impact on our mood. When there is an imbalance in the serotonin (the neurotransmitter), it causes depression and stress. Consumption of foods that triggers the serotonin positively helps keep stress away and enhances the mood.
Sesame seeds have the highest oil content as compared to other oil seeds. Originally, from East India – it is one of the most popular oil seeds, especially in Japan, Korean, Middle-Eastern and Indian cuisines.
We at Shimla Hills, are known to be the most trusted sesame seed exporters in the world. We have a goal, to provide only genuine products to our clients and also in a variety- these include; hulled, sundried, sortexted and even dried sesame seeds. As one of the leading sesame seed exporters, Shimla Hills extends its ‘exporting’ to many countries across the globe.
At Shimla Hills, we take pride in providing sesame seeds with options in packaging for our clients that include paper, PP bags, or jute bags that is a preventive measure for spoilage of sesame seeds.