Corn is one of the most ‘famous’ cereal grains across the globe. Grown in countless countries worldwide, corn also come in varieties. Ultimately, sweet corn on cob is as healthy as a cereal grain and its rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Corn contains approximately 96 calories which is perfect for low calorie diets as well!
Corn is great for a variety of reasons including:
- Reduces the risk of Anemia – because corn is rich in Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron all these elements have a significant effect in the production of red blood cells. Producing enough red blood cells prevents the risk of anaemia.
- Boosts energy – Those who are ‘sporty’ and heavily into workouts including corn in your meals is amazing as it contains complex carbs which is digested slowly in the body and hence escalates your energy levels for a longer period of time. One cup of corn allows functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Reduces blood sugar and cholesterol – Sweet corn increases the blood flow in the system and lowers cholesterol absorption. Those with diabetes it regulates insulin levels so is ideal to include in their diet too! Corn is rich in Vitamin B1, B5 and C which overall combats diseases and generates new cells.
- Ideal for pregnant women – Corn is rich in folic acid, and contains zeaxanthin and pathogenic acid – those who are wondering these are components that reduce the risk of birth defects. Babies in turn can be protected from issues like muscular degeneration and physiological problems.
- Healthy skin – Corn encourages healthy skin due to the vitamin c content and lycopene ( antioxidant) that’s encourages the production of collagen.
- Numerous vitamins – overall sweet corn contains a number of vitamins including; Pantothenic acid (also known as vitamin v5) , Folate; also known as vitamin b5 which is also called folic acid and as described it is helpful for pregnant women, Vitamin b6;serving various functions in your body, Niacin; also known as vitamin B3, Potassium ; which is critical for blood pressure control and can improvise heart health.
At Shimla Hills, we provide sweet corn that is picked when immature rather than as a grain. We are known to be the best sweet corn providers as it is rich in taste and nutrients. We manufacture IQF sweet corn kernels by the process of ‘de-husking and de-kernelling’. We follow a strict protocol for our corn and a process that provides exquisite taste, benefits and will highly benefit your overall wellbeing.