Jalapenos are known to add the element of SPICE, and taste to all cuisines! Commonly found in the Mexican Family, and has gained its popularity over time. Part of the hot pepper family, Jalapenos not only add taste and spice but also have phenomenal benefits that can change your life!
- Nutrion content – raw jalapenos have amazing nutrients including; low in calories, fibre , vitamin C , vitamin B6, Vitamin A , vitamin K , Folate , and much more . The presence of vitamins helps your skin, keeps it firm, keeps your vitamins intact and is essential keeping the body healthy and functional. A unique component of Jalapenos is the inclusion of capsaicin, that gives these peppers the spice and also is useful for other help benefits.
- Boosts your metabolism – Jalapenos can aid in weight loss and increase the fat burn by reducing your appetite due to the spice content. Studies reveal that jalapenos can increase the metabolism by 4-5% per day, which in turn helps in weight loss.
- Fights cancer – Jalapenos contain strong anti-cancer properties and is responsible for ‘killing’ or demolishing over 40 types of cancer cells whilst maintaining the normal cells. The capsaicin helps fight cancer cells by:
- Preventing the development of cancer cells
- Reducing the creation of new blood vessels around cancer tumors
- Inhibiting cancer from scattering to other parts of the body
However, more through studies need to be conducted to prove the above.
- Preventive measure for stomach ulcers – As a myth spice is supposedly a cause of stomach ulcers, however these claims are false for Jalapenos, Infact these chilli peppers shield the stomach from developing ulcers in the first place.
- Combats Infections – Spices in general have been used for centuries to prevent spoilage of food and food poisoning. There are certain compounds that are found in spicy chilli peppers are are extremely powerful at slowing the growth of further bacteria and yeasts that occur in the body. Besides fighting infections, chilli extracts can also stop ‘cholera bacteria’ and from creating toxins that potentially reduces the impact of foodborne diseases. The capsaicin can facilitate in various forms of infections including strep throat, bacterial tooth decay, and chlamydia. Studies further suggest that these chilli peppers contain antimicrobial properties, that can be further used for medication.
- Keeps your heart healthy – The most common diseases associated with the heart includes diabetes, high levels of cholesterol, and high blood pressure. The capsaicin aids in reducing the impact of these factors. Studies show that eating approximately 5 grams of these peppers especially before a high carb meal helps in stabilizing the blood sugar levels as well.
Jalapenos can be added into your diet in a variety of ways from – raw-cooked-to smoked-to dried and even powdered. It can be enjoyed in your food dishes , and you will surely enjoy the spice and benefits! Jalapenos are so versatile in terms of their usage and are extremely nutritious! If you enjoy spice , you can surely add this healthy addition to your diet! Where to get your jalapenos from? Purchase from Shimla Hills and enjoy the spicy delicacy! We at Shimla Hills have the spiciest yet tastiest chilli pepper for your favourite dishes and cuisines!